INTEGRATED SKILL DEVELOPMENT SCHEME (ISDS)
The Indian silk fabric holds a special place in the world because of its durability, texture and exquisite designs. Keeping in mind the need to upgrade the skills of workers & weavers to develop competitiveness in textile industry and increase employability, the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India has launched Integrated Skill Development Scheme (ISDS). Integrated Skill Development Scheme (ISDS) has been launched with the objective to build the capabilities of those institutions that currently provide training on skill development in the textile and apparel sectors.
Objectives of ISDS Programme:
- To address the trained manpower needs of textiles and related segments including Handicrafts, Handlooms, Sericulture and Technical Textiles etc. based on the industry needs.
- To increase the employability of residents of the target areas through imparting of skills in the textiles and related segments.
- To fulfil the wide range of skill sets required in various segments of industry & ensuring sufficient flexibility to meet the dynamic needs of these segments over a period of the next five years.
- To create a trainers’ pool by conducting the advance training programmes at a cluster level.
- To ensure training in design development programmes, particularly for the handloom weavers / designers and help them to produce diversified products with innovative use and improved quality to meet changing market trends.
- It leverages on the existing strong institutions and training experience within the Ministry of Textiles & ensure private sector participation.
- Pilot programme has been tested during year 2012 and based on regular monitoring of performance programme has been tuned for coming years.
- All facets of skill development will be covered viz. Basic Training, Skill Up gradation, Advanced Training in emerging technologies, Training of Trainers, Orientation towards modern technology, retraining, Managerial Skill and Entrepreneurship Development.
- Central Silk Board has been identified as one of the implementing organizations for this programme & Central Silk Technological Research Institute, Bangalore is implementing the post cocoon components of this programme.
- Operatives selected for training must hold the identity and address proof.
- Before inrolment of operative in training programme operative must have a bank account.
- Wage compensatio / stypend will be paid to trainees : operators trough their bank account to maintain transperancy in system.
- Training curriculam is to be developed based on the need of industry and on plant training is to be imparted in industry campus.
- Before initaition of training in industry the industry has to give an undertking that it will employ all the trained operative and on compleation of training the industry has to induct operatives in job & issue certificate in this iffect.
ISDS PROGRAMMES IN SILK TECHNOLOGY:
During the comming 4 year of 12th Plan it is being proposed to organize a total of 552 ISDS Training programme in Silk Technology sector covering a total of 11660 Operatives/entrepreneures etc as indicated in projection Chart : 1. During the year 2013-14 itself it is planned to organize 112 batches of ISDS Training in Silk Industry sector covering 20 Trades of Training components related to industry demands as listed in table. ISDS Training is being imparted through our 9 Zonal training Centres and the interested industry / entrepreneur can contact the training centre in theing region on address as indicated in Table:2.
Table: 1: Various areas of ISDS training prposed dyring 2013-17
|Trainees /batch||2013-14 batches||2014-15 batches||2015-16 batches||2016-17 batches||Total batches||Total
|1||Raw Silk Technology||15||25||13||18||17||11||59||1475|
|2||Vanya Reeling – Spinning||15||25||8||18||18||8||52||1300|
|3||Handloom Silk Weaving.||20||25||3||4||4||4||15||375|
|4||Power loom & Rapier loom.||15||15||8||8||8||8||32||480|
|5||Designing Dobby Jacquard||20||25||7||16||16||12||51||1275|
|6||Weaving using CATD.||20||15||15||20||20||18||73||1095|
|7||Maint. Powerloom ,Rapier||20||25||5||6||6||4||21||525|
|8||Dobby Jacquard Installation||20||25||12||15||15||14||56||1400|
|9||Silk Dyeing, Printing, CCM||15||15||8||10||10||8||36||540|
|10||Decatizing ,Calendar, Stenter||20||15||1||3||3||1||8||120|
|11||Testing for yarn and fabric||15||25||1||2||1||1||5||125|
|15||Trainer’s Training Programme||15||25||2||4||3||3||12||300|
|17||Maintenc. Reeling Twisting.||15||25||5||10||5||5||25||625|
|18||Silk Twisting Technology.||15||15||15||20||20||15||70||1050|
|19||Automatic Reeling Machine||30||50||1||1||1||1||4||200|
|20||Training on silk Knitting||15||15||1||2||1||1||5||75|
Table: 2- Zonal ISDS Training Centres of CSTRI
District / State
|1||Central Silk Technological Research Institute, Bangaloreemail@example.com||080-26688831||Bangalore
|2||Regional Silk Technological Research Station, Guwahatifirstname.lastname@example.org
|3||Silk Conditioning & Testing House,
|4||Zonal Office (CSTRI)
|5||Textile Testing Laboratory (CSTRI)
|6||Silk Conditioning & Testing House
(Jammu & Kashmir)
|7||Silk Conditioning & Testing House
|8||Silk Conditioning & Testing House
|9||Demonstration Cum Technical Service Centre , Dharwademail@example.com||0836-2323220||Dharwad